What Are Advantages and Disadvantages of an Old Age Home?
Old age homes advantages and disadvantages
If you are wondering how much nursing homes can help your loved ones, you should realize that even if they are physically healthy, they cannot survive without care and support.
They may have trouble getting out of bed or finding the loo. They may fail to eat or feed regularly, leading to malnutrition. Old age homes advantages and disadvantages
These establishments have trained staff who will take care of all their needs and ensure that they ultimately have a comfortable life. Old age homes advantages and disadvantages
Their health and well-being will be regularly monitored.
The purpose of such facilities is to provide shelter, food and comfort to the elderly who are unable to live in their own homes. They may have lost a loved one or suffered from a chronic illness, making it impossible for them to live alone. Old age homes advantages and disadvantages
A long-term stay in a hospital or nursing home can be quite expensive. For those who don’t have enough money to cover nursing home expenses, this is an excellent choice.
The only drawback of these houses is that they are expensive and may be out of reach of lower or middle class families. So, if you want to provide the best care for your loved ones, check the options below before deciding.
Advantages of an old age home:
1) Professionally qualified personnel who like spending time with the elderly who are in need. They are well aware of their customers’ needs and expectations, which they can best satisfy by offering personalized service.
2) Medical assistance is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, minimizing your anxiety about your health. They can also have regular check-ups to ensure that they are in good health.
3) They have all of the necessities for a comfortable lifestyle. You may also bring your family every now and again so they don’t feel lonely and can completely enjoy their senior years.
4) These facilities include customized rooms with modern conveniences, making you feel more like you’re in a five-star hotel than an old-age home.
5) They also provide a variety of indoor and outdoor games, as well as qualified staff to supervise them.
6) You are welcome to bring your pets along with your family, making them happy and thrilled.
Disadvantages of an old age home:
1) Expensive way of living.
This type of facility is appropriate for people who can afford it and have no other options for caring for their loved ones. The maintenance expense will be kept in control if you own a house or land, but leaving an old person in this environment would be costly.
2) There isn’t a lot of room. These houses are designed for the amount of people who live in them, thus they cannot accommodate more people if you live with a family member or have other family members who require care and help.
3) Visitation times are limited. You are only allowed to visit your loved ones for a certain number of hours.
4) Personal belongings may be inaccessible. They provide all of the requirements for the residents, but they cannot ensure the protection of their personal belongings.
5) They are not appropriate for those who have major medical problems or mental illnesses.
Why do old people live in Old age homes?
Older people choose to live at home, where they are nourished, protected and cared for without interference from their families or children.
These are referred to as “Old Age Homes” In the present era, all earning relatives have to live in different areas to earn income, making it difficult to take care of elderly family members;
As a result, nursing homes are the best option for them, where they can get all the necessary facilities and medical care. Old age homes advantages and disadvantages
M.A.(Hons) in Geography at University of Calcutta.
writing-specific social work courses such as interviewing and documentation,
professional seminars, and writing modules in all BSW and MSW